Horsham District Council is to introduce coin payment in all of its rural car park payment machines from 14 August 2017. This move comes as a result of recent user feedback and will deliver greater flexibility of payment methods for car park users.
The car parks affected will be:
- In Storrington the North Street Library Car Park (Mill Lane Car Park already has coin payment)
- The Billingshurst Library Car Park
- The Pulborough Lower Street Car Park
- In Steyning both the High Street Car Park and Fletchers Croft Car Park, (Newmans Gardens Car Park already has coin payment
- In Henfield, the Library Car Park and Coopers Way Car Park.
Commenting on the changes, Cabinet Member for the Local Economy Cllr Gordon Lindsay said: “Our aim is to make parking in our rural towns as easy as possible for visitors and residents. The introduction of the new coin payment method in addition to card payment gives increased flexibility for users, tailoring our service to their needs.”
Additional signage and instructions will be placed in car parks to assist users. The payment machines will accept coins only, no notes. Card payments and disc displays continue as usual.
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.